Monday, November 27, 2023

November challenges wrapup (new to the TBR)


 

The prompt for the last week for both these challenges is the same: What new books did you learn about and add to your TBR? I'm going to be lazy and lump them both in to one post... 😉

Walter Lord/A Night to Remember 
    (Readerbuzz, non-fiction)
François Mauriac/The Kiss of the Leper 
    (NancyLN, novella)
Mike Harris/Mike Nichols: A Life 
    (NancyLN, non-fiction)
Philip Larkin/Letters to Monica 
    (Intrepid Angeleno, non-fiction)
Charles Montgomery/The Happy City: Transforming Our Lives Through Urban Design
    (Adventures in Reading, non-fiction)
Travis Elborough/Atlas of Vanishing Places
    (Volatile Rune, non-fiction)
Louisa May Alcott/Behind a Mask
    (KlasikFanda, novella)
Patrick Modiano/Sundays in August
    (NancyLN, novella)

Now if only my library would start working again...but they say not until January. Yikes!

Fortunately I've got a few Dean Street Press mysteries lined up for next month.

Thanks to all our hosts!

12 comments:

  1. No that's a good idea - combining the 2 events!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to hear my laziness relabeled efficiency!

      Delete
  2. I don't know how you are surviving without a working library. Fingers crossed that service is restored soon.

    Somehow I missed adding Atlas of Vanishing Places. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. January, they're now saying. Yoiks!

      Fortunately I do already have a few books around here... ;-)

      Delete
  3. Interesting list. Happy City was already on my TBR --nice to see more interest in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Behind a Mask made it to your TBR list. Hope you'll love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already downloaded it from Project Gutenberg!

      Delete
  5. That's what I heard last month as well, up and going in 2024! I'm amazed how often I forget and click my shortcut anyway. (And last night I saw news of a similar situation, seemingly, for the system in London too, but I think that's still unfolding, and hopefully it's not the same kind of thing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen that about London. Hopefully theirs doesn't turn out as bad.

      Delete