Monday, January 22, 2024

And the winner is... (CC Spin #36)

 


That means Konstantin Stanislavski's autobiography My Life In Art. Though not what I expected--it's gotta be a number more in the middle, doesn't it?...😉--it should be a good read. 

Stanislavski (1863-1938) was an actor, director, and co-founder of the Moscow Art Theatre. He acted in and directed many (all? but I didn't look) of the premieres of Anton Chekhov's plays, such as The Seagull and Uncle Vanya. He lived through the Russian Revolution and on into the Stalin years, though his autobiography comes out in 1924 and so misses the worst part. He's also the inventor of the Method acting system.


Did you spin? What are you reading?


8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading this autobiography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the odds? I thought for sure you'd spin one of those four books you repeated on your list over and over. Still, I hope this is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that should be interesting! And yeah, 20 seems suspicious. We've also had 1 like three times, which makes me wonder just what random.org is up to. I guess it's successfully being unexpected! (Jean@Howling Frog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of hoping for an excuse to finish off that first list, but oh, well. I suspect this will be fun.

      Delete
  4. I can see where this would be interesting. What was the PBS show that used to run on Sunday evenings, "The Actors' Studio"? I loved that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ever saw that show. I read all Stanislavski's books on acting years ago & thought they were pretty good (and I'm not even an actor...)

      Delete