Sunday, November 5, 2017

Read It Again, Sam 2018 Sign Up

Challenge sign up season has started, and while I'm not going to be getting to the addict level, I think I will try a few additional ones this year. And the first of the additional challenges I'm going to try this year is My Reader's Block's challenge to reread books, Read It Again, Sam.

Part of the reason I hang on to all these books after I've read them (other than sheer pack-rattery) is because I tell myself I'm going to reread them. And sometimes I even do! But this will help keep me honest.

I'm going full on with this one, committing to the Living In The Past, 16+ level. On my list of books read this year, so far I've got 14 rereads so that may not be much of a stretch, but I'm for it. It will definitely be as the spirit moves me for this, and the list is blank for now until it gets filled in:

1.) Ross Macdonald's The Blue Hammer
2.) Italo Calvino's The Baron In The Trees
3.) Duc de la Rochefoucauld's Maxims
4.) Lawrence Durrell's Justine
5.) Lawrence Durrell's Balthazar
6.) Lawrence Durrell's Mountolive
7.) Lawrence Durrell's Clea
8.) David Shields' Reality Hunger
9.) Charles Dickens' The Mystery of Edwin Drood
10.) Shakepeare's Romeo and Juliet
11.) Rex Stout's Not Quite Dead Enough
12.) Oscar Wilde's The Portrait of Dorian Gray
13.) George Seferis' A Poet's Journal
14.) Rollo May's The Courage To Create
15.) Ellery Queen's The Greek Coffin Mystery
16.) Penelope Fitzgerald's The Blue Flower
17.) George Seferis' Poems (tr. Rex Warner)

No comments:

Post a Comment