What will I next read? Only the owl knows...
It's the 45th Classics Club spin and this will be my 25th spin. You've seen the rules before so straight to the list of books:
1.) Frances Burney/Evelina
2.) Willa Cather/Lucy Gayheart
3.) Willa Cather/Sappho and the Slave Girl
4.) Nella Larsen/Passing
5.) Sinclair Lewis/Elmer Gantry
6.) Jack London/The Iron Heel
7.) Jack London/Martin Eden
8.) Walter Pater/Imaginary Portraits
9.) Harry Mark Petrakis/A Dream of Kings
10.) Leslie Marmon Silko/Ceremony
11.) Edgar Wallace/The Four Just Men
12.) Eudora Welty/Delta Wedding
13.) Andrei Bely/Petersburg
14.) Mikhail Bulgakov/The Heart of a Dog
15.) Joachim Machado de Assis/The Posthumous Memoirs of Bras Cubas
16.) Benito Perez Galdos/That Bringas Woman
17.) Dee Brown/Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
18.) W. E. B. Du Bois/The Autobiography
19.) R. L. Stevenson/An Inland Voyage
20.) Gotthold Lessing/Nathan the Wise
On Sunday August 16th the number will be revealed.
Which look good to you? Which have you read?

I read Bury My Heart over 30 years ago, but I still think about it. Very powerful, heartrending stuff. It was the book that finally got me wondering if someone had written about Australia's First Nations history...
ReplyDeleteThat would be a very good spin. I've had the book on my shelf far too long!
DeleteMartin Eden is amazing. I have just checked out Posthumous Memoirs of Bras Cubas from my library, but it is actually not on my classics list (hmmm). Perhaps I should put it there. The Perez Galdos also sounds interesting. I have only read Tristana by him so far, but two other books by him I want to read are not That Bringas Woman. I am definitely curious.
ReplyDeleteI read Fortunata & Jacinta by Perez Galdos & really liked it, so I have hopes for That Bringas Woman.
DeleteI've only read #s 1, 2, and 4. But I really liked Passing! That's a good one. Happy spinning. :D
ReplyDeletePassing would be a good spin--and it's short!
Delete