Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2017 Mount TBR Final Checkpoint

The Mount TBR Reading Challenge is a way to get books off one's personal TBR mountain hosted at My Reader's Block. I declared for Mt. Vancouver at the beginning of the year, which is 36 books.

After a slow first quarter start at the climb up my particular mountain, I was on pace at mid-year, and surging by the third checkin. I'm happy to say I'm planting my flag at the top of Mt. Vancouver (4812m) with a few extra books to spare: 42 TBR books in total. The complete list is given at the original post. That, alas, was fewer than the number of books that entered the house this past year, so it's Mt. Ararat for me in 2018.

I didn't write posts for all the books I read over the year, mostly just ones that matched a challenge, so I'm using a few books that didn't get posted on. And then some are from Vintage Mystery Scavenger Hunt posts only, not TBR posts. I thought about using Rogue Male for all of them, which came pretty close to working, but in the end didn't use it for any...

A Stitch in Time [is] ... Swing Time
Don't Count Your Chickens [before] ... The Claws Of The Cat
A Penny Saved [is] ... Ten Days' Wonder
All Good Things Must Come [to] ... The Big Sleep (True, I suppose, though a little grim.)
When In Rome,...Where Angels Fear To Tread
All That Glitters Is Not ... Twelfth Night (In fact, it's The Merchant of Venice.)
A Picture Is Worth ... A Room With A View
When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get ... Whipped
Two Wrongs Don't Make ... Innocence
The Pen Is Mightier Than ... [the] Boss (Royko would like that one.)
The Squeaky Wheel Gets ... All Shot Up (Someone's feeling a little impatient, are we?)
Hope For The Best, But Prepare For ... The Fire Next Time
Birds Of A Feather Flock ... Where There's A Will

It's been fun (and useful!) Thanks to Bev at My Reader's Block for hosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment