Monday, January 7, 2019

Read It Again, Sam 2018 Wrapup


The third challenge from Bev's smorgasbord of reading challenges was the Read It Again, Sam challenge. I went all-in for this one at 16+ and got there and one more.

The complete list is here. A couple of the rereads near the end of the year didn't get posts.

Needless to say, I liked all of them, but particularly fun for me were Italo Calvino's The Baron In The Trees, which I actually reread twice last year, once in the new translation by Ann Goldstein and once (the proper reread) in the original Archibald Colquhon translation, and Penelope Fitzgerald's The Blue Flower. I also reminded myself how great Ellery Queen's The Greek Coffin Mystery was.

Longest since I first read it? That had to be The Portrait of Dorian Gray, which I hadn't read since high school. Still pretty good, though, boy, was I hard on books in high school.

And again, thanks to Bev for hosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment