Tuesday, January 5, 2021

European Reading Challenge 2021 Signup

 


Once again Gilion is hosting the European Reading challenge at her blog Rose City Reader. For full details of the challenge pop over to her signup, but the basic idea is to visit European countries by reading books set in the country, one book per country. I'm once again signing up for the Deluxe Entourage level, which is five countries. 

I never know where my travels will take me, but I do know that this year the first country visited will be Italy...



For me, this is one of the funnest challenges going! Join in! 

1.) Gilbert Highet/Poets In A Landscape (Italy)

2.) Howard Pyle/Men of Iron (UK)

3.) Georgi Gospodinov/The Physics of Sorrow (Bulgaria)

4.)

5.)

Thanks to Gilion for hosting this again!


8 comments:

  1. Traveling through books is the best, isn't it? Have fun with this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Traveling through books is all we've got at the moment. I wouldn't mind a little real traveling again...

      Delete
  2. Oh fun! I'll await your Italian adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm behind on posts as usual! But the Italian one should come soon...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for joining us again! Your first book looks wonderful and I look forward to seeing what other countries you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Reese! I, too, look forward to your trip to Italy (particularly as I never read my own copy of Poets in a Landscape!). I was a very big fan of Catullus, back in the day and I'll be very interested to see how Hughes relates his poetry to the Italian landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The part where Highet visits Catullus' home region (Lago di Garda) was definitely one of the most charming parts of the book.

      Delete